Summit on Children: March 16-17, 2023
Ohio Union, The Ohio State University, 1739 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio
we lift Ohio families & build stronger communities:
Coming TOGETHER is a beginning.
Keeping TOGETHER is progress.
Working TOGETHER is success.
This event is free. Each team member must register individually. Non-court staff will likely have to create a new account.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
The Summit on Children 2023 is a two-day event focusing on best approaches for Ohio’s courts and child welfare system partners to collaborate for better outcomes.
Start putting together your team now.
County-based teams will attend plenary and break-out sessions to discuss:
- How to prevent the unnecessary entry of children into the child welfare system.
- Increase youth and family engagement in court proceedings.
- Improve the quality of legal representation for families.
- Address disparities in child welfare and ensure procedural fairness and access to the court system.
Each county-based team will work together on a plan of action and strategies to take back to their counties.
Learn more about meaningful changes to the child welfare system taking place at both the national and state level. New approaches allow a family in need of services to remain intact. With a focus on prevention and intervention, child welfare stakeholders can work together to successfully improve outcomes for children and families.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Juvenile court judges should convene an interdisciplinary team of up to five members that consist of:
- Juvenile court judge(s) or magistrate(s)
- Public Children Services Agency Director/Administrator
- Lead child welfare assistant prosecutor or PCSA attorney
- Appropriate public defender, defense counsel representative, or parent advocate
- Local behavioral health, educator, or other community stakeholder(s)
This collaboration is supported by the Subcommittee on Responding to Child Abuse, Neglect, and Dependency of the Advisory Committee on Children and Families. It is further supported by the Court Improvement Program Grant through the Childrens’ Bureau of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Summit on Children 2023
Children & Families Section
Supreme Court of Ohio
65 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215-3431