- NOTE: e-Filing is available but is NOT mandatory.
- Documents must be uploaded and submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. local observed time in Columbus, Ohio on or before the date they are due.
- Documents submitted through the e-Filing portal after 5:00:00 p.m. will not be reviewed by the Clerk’s Office until the next business day. The documents will be timely if they comply with the Rules of Practice and were received on or before 11:59:59 on the date they were due.
- Technical and Clerk’s Office support is only available Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local observed time in Columbus, Ohio.
- Review of documents for compliance with the Rules of Practice can take up to one business day. Documents that do not comply with the Rules of Practice cannot be accepted for filing.
- When filing documents through the e-Filing Portal, please allow sufficient time to set up your account credentials and familiarize yourself with the e-Filing Portal.
- Use of the e-Filing Portal does not alter the filer’s obligation to serve the other parties to the case.
Links & Resources
- Preparing documents for filing
- Get me to the Online Docket
- Rules of Practice of the Supreme Court of Ohio
Your e-Filing user name is your Attorney Registration or Pro Hac Vice number. The first time you access the e-Filing Portal, you will use the same password you use to access the Attorney Services portal. For assistance with your Attorney Services information, contact the Office of Attorney Services at 614.387.9320. You will then be prompted to change your e-Filing password – changing your e-Filing password will not affect your Attorney Services portal password. You will also be prompted to enter a security question and answer of your choice.
For Non-Attorney/Self-Represented Litigants
Before logging into the e-Filing Portal for the first time, you will be required to create an account. Enter the information in all required fields. You should write your own security question and response. When you have filled in all of the requested information, click the Submit Request button. After submitting your request you will receive an e-mail message with a link to confirm your e-mail address. Open the e-mail message and verify your address. You will then receive a message asking you to accept certain requirements. Upon acceptance you will be directed to the e-Filing Portal.
Answer: Documents filed through the e-Filing Portal pursuant to S.Ct.Prac.R. 3.02 shall include a scanned version of the person’s original signature or a signature line with a forward slash followed by an “s” followed by the person’s name in print (e.g., /s “John T. Smith”).
Answer: All filings in Supreme Court of Ohio cases can be filed through the e-Filing Portal. Affidavits of disqualification, and the records of a lower court or agency cannot be e-Filed. Please note that e-Filing and filing by e-mail are different. Sup.Ct.Prac.R. 3.02 permits only a limited number of documents to be filed by e-mail.
Office of the Clerk
Supreme Court of Ohio
65 South Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3431
If you have questions about E-Filing, please call the E-Filing Help Desk at 614.387.9980.
For general questions about filing with the Supreme Court of Ohio, please call the Office of the Clerk at 614.387.9530.