Adult Guardianship Six-Hour Course Offerings
GUARDIANSHIP COURSE CANCELLATIONS
For information on live course cancellations, please contact individual sites. We will do our best to update the listings on this website, but please confirm with the provider before you attend.
Below is a compilation of education opportunities. It is not intended to be a complete list of all adult guardianship education. Check back periodically for more opportunities as we update this list.
Six-Hour Online Offering
This course has been approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 6.00 total CLE hour(s) instruction. This course is not approved for Judicial College hours.
This tuition-free online, self-study continuing education course will take approximately six (6) hours to complete and will address fundamental topics about adult guardianship in Ohio.
All guardians are tasked with the extremely important responsibility of making critical decisions for another person, while focusing on protecting and preserving the rights of the individual being served. Uniform education will guide guardians to fulfill their duties in a way that is consistent with national standards and Ohio’s rules for courts. Ultimately, the result is to provide you, in your role as guardian, the information and tools to ensure that your decisions are grounded on the best interests of Ohio citizens under your care.
As a result of participating in this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the process of establishing adult guardianship
- Determine responsibilities and reporting requirements of guardians of adults
- Discuss appropriate resources for persons under care
- Describe best practices in specific situations
- You must complete the mandatory course evaluation at the end of the online course to receive your certificate.
- Co-guardians must complete courses separately under their own accounts to receive certificates in their own names.
- Submit your certificate to the probate court where your guardianship is filed. For instructions on filing your certificate, contact your local probate court.
- All online courses must be completed by Dec. 29, 2023. Allow two days for technical assistance.
- For step-by-step guidance, read: Instructions to Take an Online Course.
Register for a Course at OhioCourtEDU Instructions to take an online course
Six-Hour In-Person Course Offerings
Click a site below for dates and registration information.
Please contact individual sites to confirm whether the course offers CLE credit.
Fayette County Probate Court
Open to all guardians.
To register, please call 740.335.0630 at least 30 days prior to the course.
All Certificates of Completion must be filed at the Fayette County Probate Court before Dec. 1, 2023.
- March 14, starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Oct. 10, starts at 8:30 a.m.
Marion County Family Court
222 West Center Street, Marion, OH 43302
Non-local guardians are NOT permitted to attend training.
- April 13, 9 a.m., Fundamentals of Adult Guardianship
Richland County Probate Court
Open to all guardians.
To register, please call 419.774.7875
- May 18, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Nov. 16, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Adult Guardianship Home
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 614.387.9445 or your local probate court.