Adult Guardianship Education
Superintendence Rules 66.06 and 66.07 describe mandatory adult guardianship education, including a one-time fundamentals course and continuing education requirements for each following year. To help meet this requirement, the Supreme Court of Ohio is offering free courses to guardians of adults.
These courses are offered in many communities throughout Ohio and online. Please click below for more information about each offering to find the option that works best for you, or check with your local probate court for other possible court-approved education.
Find an online or local in-person Fundamentals of Adult Guardianship course offering.
Find continuing education course offerings covering a number of adult guardianship topics.
Probate courts or court-appointed providers can download course videos and materials, or request printed materials from the Supreme Court of Ohio free of charge.
Below is a list of local, state, and national organizations that provide education and resources for guardians and the people they serve. It is not intended to be a complete list, and the education is not pre-approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio. You must get prior approval from the appointing court in order to satisfy Sup.R. 66.06 and 66.07.
Please send recommendations for other resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Guardianship Resources
- Guardianship Guidebook
- LifeSpan (Butler, Warren, and Hamilton Counties)
- Ohio Guardianship Association
- Guardianship in Ohio
- Ohio Guardianship Guide
- Summit County Probate Court - videos on a variety of topics
- STABLE Account
- National Guardianship Association
- Ohio's Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) - find your local AAA
- Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging
- Ohio Coalition for Adult Protective Services (OCAPS)
Disabilities, including Autism and other Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- The Arc and The Arc Ohio
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Rights Ohio
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI)
- OCALI Autism Certification Center
- National Autism Center at May Institute
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Autism Spectrum Disorder Homepage
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI Ohio (includes links to local affiliates)
- Treatment Advocacy Center
Traumatic Brain Injuries