Court Interpreter Credentialing Program
Candidates interested in receiving court interpreter certification from the Supreme Court of Ohio must pass a written exam and an oral exam. Please see Superintendence Rule 81 (J) and Rule 82 for details and eligibility. The cost to receive court interpreter certification is the following:
Applicants who pass the written examination may apply for the oral exam. For more information on the oral exam, please see the Court Interpreter Oral Examination Application.
|Re-Take Full Exam||$200||$250|
|Re-Take Partial Exam||$100||$150|
The Court offers certification exams in the following languages:
Candidates who have obtained certification in other states, through the Federal Court Interpreter Certification Examination, Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf or other entities may apply for reciprocity.
To apply please complete the corresponding application form:
- Application for Written Exam
- Application for Oral Exam
- Application for Registered Interpreters
- Reciprocity for Court Interpreter Certification
- Application for Certified Sign Language (SC:L) Interpreters
- Continuing Interpreter Education Forms