Medina County Courthouse

Medina County CourthouseThe Medina County Courthouse was designed by T. Allen Dudley and built in 1841. Located at 93 Public Square in the county seat of Medina, the building is still in use and today houses the Medina County Court of Common Pleas and its juvenile, domestic relations and probate divisions.

The courthouse is made of brick, stone and wood and features Greek Revival style architecture. The courthouse underwent dramatic changes in 1873 with the addition of north and south wings, a new roof and central cupola. The additions were constructed in Second Empire style architecture using brick, stone and metal trim.

The county is named after the Saudi Arabian city Medina where the prophet Muhammad fled to from Mecca. The courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)