Fulton County Courthouse

Fulton County CourthouseThe Fulton County Courthouse was designed by architect Charles C. Miller and built in 1872.

Located at 210 South Fulton St. in the county seat of Wauseon, the courthouse is still in use today and houses the Fulton County Court of Common Pleas and its probate, juvenile and domestic relations divisions. The courthouse features Italianate style architecture with a tower made of brick. The Great Seal of Ohio is etched above the interior doorway in a glass window arch. Murals in the courtroom depict some early interpretations of law and also the influence American Indians had on the region.  Paintings also include portraits of early American political leaders, including George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley and Ulysses S. Grant.

Fulton County is named after Robert Fulton, who invented the steamboat. The courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)