Clermont County Courthouse

Clermont County CourthouseThe Clermont County Courthouse was designed by architects Hunt and Allan and built in 1936.  The building is constructed of brick and limestone and features four square pilasters, two on each side of the main entrance. Above the main entrance, three broad windows allow light into the main courtroom.

In 1998, additional courtrooms were added to the courthouse to accommodate the county’s rapid growth. The addition was designed by the firm of Steinkamp, Steinkamp, and Hampton and was dedicated on May 14, 1998 during a ceremony attended by Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer of the Supreme Court of Ohio.

Located at 270 Main St. in the county seat of Batavia, the Clermont County Courthouse is still in use today and houses the county clerk of courts and the Clermont County Court of Common Pleas.

Clermont County is named for the French word for “clear mountain.”

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)