Ashland County Courthouse

Ashland County CourthouseThe Ashland County Courthouse was completed in 1929. Designed by Vernon Redding, the building features masonry architecture and is constructed of light gray Indiana Limestone.

Located at 142 West Second St. in the county seat of Ashland, the courthouse today houses the Ashland County Court of Common Pleas and its probate, juvenile and domestic relations divisions. The courthouse and county are named after Henry Clay’s Estate in Kentucky called Ashland. Henry Clay was a senator and representative from Kentucky, secretary of state under President John Quincy Adams, and the unsuccessful presidential candidate of the Democratic Republican Party in 1824, the National Republican Party in 1832, and the Whig Party in 1844. 

The Ashland County Courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)