Adams County Courthouse

Adams County CourthouseThe Adams County Courthouse was built in 1911 at a cost of $50,000 and was designed by architect T.S. Murray.

Located at 110 West Main St. in the county seat of West Union, the building is still in use and today houses the Adams County Municipal Court and the Adams County Court of Common Pleas. The courthouse is constructed of yellow brick and sandstone.

In 1970, additions to the courthouse were made that included a jail, an additional courtroom and a front portico. The county and courthouse are named after John Adams, the second president of the United States.

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)